All FYBA players, whether already admitted or on the waitist, must attend an evaluation session where their basketball skills will be assessed during a short 15 min evaluation period on Saturday, Oct 17th at Folsom Middle School. The evaluation is used to determine the player’s skill level so that balanced teams can be formed. Players will be evaluated in small groups and must be registered to be evaluated. Players may attend any time during the specified hours for their division (we recommend that you plan on arriving 30-60 minutes AFTER the session for your grade period starts to avoid the lines). Players will be evaluated on a first in, first out basis and must arrive no later than 30 minutes before the end of their evaluation period to ensure they have time to be evaluated. Please note that we have changed the configuration for evals from previous years. The side door nearest the parking lot will be an entrance for coaches and volunteers only and an exit for players and parents. Players and parents will enter on the southwest side of the FMS gym. Look for the canopy with the information desk for the entry point.
Players who have not registered and would like to play this season can register at the evaluations and participate in the evaluation process. Those players will be placed on the waitlist until the final number of coaches, players, and teams can be finalized. On-site registration will be available in those divisions that still have space available. An additional on-site registration fee of $35 applies.
NOTE: 1st grade and 2nd grade players will not be evaluated but still need to attend the evaluation event to check uniform sizes and to attend a 20 minute parents orientation meeting. Parents of 1st & 2nd grade players can select from one of 3 times the orientation meeting will be held (see schedule below).
There are 3 easy steps to follow to check in smoothly:
- Station 1: Check uniform size - Use the sizing uniforms to determine what size uniform should be ordered. DO NOT TAKE THE UNIFORMS. They are for sizing only.
- Station 2: Check in using either your smartphone or a check-in kiosk. Once you are checked in you will get an evaluation number which will be written on tape and placed on the players back.
- Station 3: Parents will drop off their players at the Player Drop-off point and wait for them outside the gym.
Please remember these pointers to ensure a smooth evaluation:
- Players should be dressed in sports attire and court shoes
- Players should remove all jackets prior to checking in
- Balls will be provided. Players should NOT bring their own balls
- The actual evaluation takes approximately 10 mins. However, wait times to get in to be evaluated can vary from 0-30 mins depending on the time you attend so plan on 15-45 mins total time after the player has been checked in.
Player registration is now closed. There will be one final opportunity to register onsite at the Player Evaluations held at the Folsom Middle School on Saturday, October 17th. Onsite registration is on a space available basis only and includes an additional $35 onsite registration fee.